Windows Administrator (Freelancer/Contractor-12 months)
Brief Description :
The candidate will perform a variety of assignments associated with Windows Systems administration, including monitoring and controlling of Windows installations, analyzing system faults, troubleshooting issues, and running diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems
- Manage installation, configuration, and management of Windows infrastructure in both a physical and Virtual environments
- Analyze systems’ performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources
- Administer network servers, utilizing TCP/IP protocol
- Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in systems reliability and performance
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain systems integrity and security
- Investigate server problems by reviewing logs, identify their source and determine solutions, test and implement solutions
- Interacts with management and employees on all levels to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues
- Maintain network security by managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users
- Conduct systems administration tasks, including performance monitoring/tuning, data replication synchronization
- Administer Active Directory support – this will include adding/deleting users, creating security groups and distribution lists. Maintaining all aspects of Active Directory security. Maintaining domain policies and new software deployment via Active Directory.
- Provision, configure and manage high availability of space for windows and ESX virtual systems
- Utilize project planning practices to focus and manage time, tasks and deliverables
- Deploy, maintain and Administer systems deployed in VMware environment
- Plan, deploy and maintain redundancy for all applicable virtual environment
- Provide backup to Systems Backup Administrator as needed
- Plan and carry out Disaster Recovery drill
- University graduate in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Windows Systems Administration, Active Directory and VMware including vCenter
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows 2000/2003/2008 Servers, NT Servers and Authentication Server
- Strong knowledge of Exchange 2010 including DAG administration
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Terminal Services
- Experience working with mid to large scale servers/network environment required
- Knowledge of SQL administration, SAN storage administration, Citrix and Linux experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of server technologies from Oracle, Fujitsu, IBM, HP and Dell etc
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP skill
- Holder of MCSE / MCP prefered
- Will be required to be accessible by pager 24×7 in case of emergency
- Strong work ethic and the willingness and ability to work hours necessary to meet project deadlines required
Spinnaker IT Limited is a company that helps companies to tackle their IT related issues and support their business needs. We offer a full range of professional services including consultancy, IT support services, programmes and project management, IT outsourcing and recruitment services.
Successful candidate for this post will provide support for our clients or Spinnaker IT partners. We serve a broad spectrum of clients which include financial services institutions, Non-Government organizations (NGO) and medium to large size enterprises. Working period may range from 6 months to 2 years subject to individual project requirement.
To view more jobs, please go back to our Spinnaker IT Job OpportunitiesYou have not SIGNED IN yet. Please SIGN IN or REGISTER before proceeding to apply for a job.
This can facilitate you to access our Job Opportunities to apply for this job or our Job Management Tool to monitor your job application status.
If you qualify and wish to submit an application directly to us instead of registering Spinnaker IT Career, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.