System Engineer – UNIX/Linux (Freelance Contractor-6 to 9 months)
Brief Description :
Working in an IT support department of a global financial institution for providing Linux system support on moderately complex components of the Unix Based systems infrastructure.
- Performing system administration for thousands of Linux servers
- Responsible for Linux system installations and configurations.
- Collecting user requirement from project teams and deploying appropriate hardware and software
- Conducting problem diagnosis and providing resolution for simple to moderately complex issues.
- Monitoring and handling system alerts
- Collecting and analyzing various system logs on request and make timely escalations to team managers
- Executing change tickets according to the technical request
- Working closely with application teams on project requrements and system requests from developers
- Degree Holder or above in Computer Science or equivalent preferable
- Solid technical know-how related to current versions of Redhat
- Familiar with OS kernel, Memory Manager, Linux clustering, file system, Network Stack and Shell Script programming
- Proficiency with RPM packaging and Patch management
- Familiar with Symantec Storage Foundation, High Availability product, e.g. Cluster Server, Storage Foundation
- Solid experience on Linux system installations and configurations
- Ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving
- Independent and fast learner
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in supporting production systems and core utility services in a large and complex enterprise environment is an advantage
- Previous working experience in banking environment is an advantage.
Spinnaker IT Limited is a company that helps companies to tackle their IT related issues and support their business needs. We offer a full range of professional services including consultancy, IT support services, programmes and project management, IT outsourcing and recruitment services.
Successful candidate for this post will provide support for our clients or for Spinnaker IT partners. We serve a broad spectrum of clients which include financial services institutions, Non-Government organizations (NGO) and medium to large size enterprises. Working period may range from 6 months to 2 years subject to individual project requirement.
To view more jobs, please go back to our Spinnaker IT Job OpportunitiesYou have not SIGNED IN yet. Please SIGN IN or REGISTER before proceeding to apply for a job.
This can facilitate you to access our Job Opportunities to apply for this job or our Job Management Tool to monitor your job application status.
If you qualify and wish to submit an application directly to us instead of registering Spinnaker IT Career, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.