Senior System Engineer – Unix (Freelancer/Contractor-12 months)
Brief Description :
Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining moderately complex components of the Unix Based systems infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting simple to moderately complex components of the Unix Based systems infrastructure, including capacity planning, OS version upgrade and patch installation etc.
- Management of network-attached storage/direct-attached storage technologies, improving existing systems and hard drive storage requirements.
- Provide issue and problem resolution for simple to moderately complex issues.
- Plan and Perform disaster recovery exercises for Unix based server farm.
- Assist with determining the time frame, funding and staffing requirements for infrastructure project delivery
- May need to liaise with regional and global counterparts for designing, planning and coordinating for projects.
- Degree Holder or above in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid Administrative work (5 year +) on UNIX Sun Solaris, AIX and/or Linux based distributed computing environment with massive number of servers. Work including setup, configuration and support.
- Ability to write scripts in administrative languages (for examples. Tk, Perl, ksh, sh, csh, SQL)
- Knowledge of VMware and the standard ITIL processes is desired.
- Knowledge of server technologies from Oracle, Fujitsu, IBM, HP and Dell etc.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking / distributed computing and storage environment concepts and technologies – LAN, WAN, routing protocols, NFS, DNS, NIS, LDAP, SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, etc
- Client focus, team work, good inter-personal & communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Spinnaker IT Limited is a company that helps companies to tackle their IT related issues and support their business needs. We offer a full range of professional services including consultancy, IT support services, programmes and project management, IT outsourcing and recruitment services.
Successful candidate for this post will provide support for our clients or Spinnaker IT partners. We serve a broad spectrum of clients which include financial services institutions, Non-Government organizations (NGO) and medium to large size enterprises. Working period may range from 6 months to 2 years subject to individual project requirement.
To view more jobs, please go back to our Spinnaker IT Job OpportunitiesYou have not SIGNED IN yet. Please SIGN IN or REGISTER before proceeding to apply for a job.
This can facilitate you to access our Job Opportunities to apply for this job or our Job Management Tool to monitor your job application status.
If you qualify and wish to submit an application directly to us instead of registering Spinnaker IT Career, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.